Saturday, July 23, 2011

MILL HILL MIDNIGHT MAGIC KITTY CAT


This seems to be the month for UFO's. As I finally finished beading 2 Mill Hill projects. I can thank the Silver Needle Shop for the finishing idea's for both Mil Hill kits. A few years ago I had the pleasure of visiting their wonderful shop and spent a lot of time digging through charts, kits, beads and fabric. When sewing these into hanging "pillows", I found that basting the ruffle to the stitched piece made it easier to control the "eveness" of the ruffle and make a straight line. On linen, baste the ruffle atleast 12 to 14 threads away from the stitched border. And on aida cloth, atleast 6 to 7 stitches from the stitched border. Giving some fabric space for stitching the backing and ribbon in place with the ruffle. Forgive my bow tying. NOT my strong point. I hear there is some tpye of bow tying "thingy" that can be purchased. But haven't invested in one.

1 comment:

Glenna said...

I absolutely love both of these pieces and I especially love how they were finished. I am stitching some ornaments now and just need to get a small sewing machine so I can do a regular seam. I think the fabric you chose really does a lot for the projects